Abilene Glass & Mirror began operations sometime around 1946 on Oak street and was established by Mr. Troy Striklin and Mr. Fred Mueller, each having invested $1500! Sometime later the company was moved to 818 Walnut. Mr. Striklin managed the company until 1953 when his health failed. Royce G. Peterson took over the company in 1953. On March 13, 1966 Abilene Glass moved and opened in a remodeled building at 173 Walnut. The manager at that time was Pete Peterson and Joe Lang was the assistant manager. They had a total of 8 employees. Garland Young was the manager of Abilene Windshield Glass Co. at that time. Pete Peterson began working for Abilene Glass in 1953. Pete is now in the real estate business and still resides here in Abilene. In 1986 Tim Nelson and his partners came in and bought out the company and incorporated it as Taylor County Glass co. Inc., dba Abilene Glass & Mirror. Tim remains President and Manager today and the ownership has not changed since 1986. We currently have 16 employees.